Miss Tanzania 2013 jets to London after flawed preps

No comments
The 2013 Miss Tanzania Happiness Watimanya jets today to London to represent the country in this year’s Miss World beauty contest.
The 64th edition of the Miss World pageant will be held on December 14 at ExCeL London in London. 
 
Megan Young of the Philippines will crown her successor at the end of the event whe
re 130 contestants from all over the world will compete for the crown.
 
Watimanya said in Dar es Salaam yesterday that she expects to do well as she sufficiently prepared for this event, supported by Miss Tanzania organizing committee.
 
The local beauty queen said that she has been in a training, aware of the level of the challenge she faces in London.
“I know it is a tough competition as I am going to meet a lot of contesters who are appreciated beauties. There are special things which belong to me and they could make me a winner.
 
“I call upon the fans to give me their support as I am going to represent the country, not on my own as an individual, as their support means a lot to me,” she said.
 
She declared that Tanzania beauty queens should watch and follow up on the competition as they will learn a lot on how to become winners in local and international competitions.
 
Hashim Lundenga, the director of Lino International Agency who are also organizers of Miss Tanzania, said yesterday his committee had already finished bringing together trip requirements to London.
During the training Watimanya was learning from her teachers, who have expressed their confidence that she would well fly the national flag.
 
“We are making everything good for our queen and we believe she is in a position to make history in London,” said Lundenga.
A few days ago Happiness’ mother blamed the Miss Tanzania committee for poor preparations for her daughter as they failed to give her various required materials.
 
The beauty queen’s mother said that the committee failed even to give the young contestant the 5m/- for shopping as required in the contract.
 
“Even for introduction shooting they said it is too expensive but me as mother I decided to give my daughter 1m/- down payment as I want her to win and not get ashamed in London,” the lady intoned.

No comments :

Post a Comment